Things I Dislike
- Cleaning the bathroom-With boys, so needed!
- Cleaning the pets’ bathrooms-the litter box, the backyard, the fishtank…
- Cooking after a long day at work-Let’s face it; I’m just plain tired.
- Making cake when I’m on a diet- Sabotage 101
- Dieting-Weight Watchers, Whole30, counting calories, grapefruit, you get the idea.
- Cleaning the house before a vacation-Why do I do this? Do you? My mother trained me well.
- Flossing my teeth daily-The dentist’s bi-annual reminders finally guilted me into doing this.
- Prepping for professional development-When I used to just attend PD, I never thought much about the prep that went into the presentation; now I know the truth…so many hours to plan and plan and plan, then so many more hours to check and recheck and double check to make sure everything is perfectly set.
- Washing my hair-This seems such a time sucker!
- Organizing my desk-Who has time for this?? It is just a mess again in five minutes flat!
Things I Like
- A clean bathroom-There is nothing so wonderful as a sparkly, clean-smelling bathroom. The fixtures don’t even have one water spot!
- The aroma-free air after cleaning the pets’ bathrooms-Couldn’t I train the pets to do this job?
- The “Thanks, Mom” I hear after my family finishes the evening meal-And often, the “That was good!”
- Shining eyes in the candlelight as we sing Happy Birthday to you-What are a few extra calories anyway?
- Fitting into my clothes and feeling good about the way I look-The way is long and hard, especially at my age!
- Coming home from a vacation to a clean house-Besides, I would be totally embarrassed if the Fire Department or a robber came in when I was gone!
- Being cavity free every six months!-This was a hard one for me because I have naturally great teeth. I am happy I have this healthy habit. My kids now floss daily, too.
- Finishing a PD and knowing I did my very best-There always are glitches, though. I have learned it is OK not to be perfect.
- Clean, fresh-smelling hair-I love it when my husband says, “Your hair smells good!”
- An organized desk-This is so amazingly hard for me. I never seem to have enough time, but I am trying to get better at this.
You can see my paradox: The things I love take the effort of the things I do not.